This six-volume set features four books with comprehensive instruction for grades 6-12 for all required and college-bound math, science, social studies, and language arts subject matter. A fifth volume - Honors Advantage - provides comprehensive strategies and practice exams for the 10 most popular Advanced Placement courses in partnership with McGraw-Hill's highly respected 5 Steps to a 5 AP instruction. The sixth volume - Topic Source - features the top 95 most commonly assigned writing topics and research writing instruction for grades 4-12.
- 6-volume set: Math I, Math II, Social Studies & Language Arts, Science, Honors Advantage, and Topic Source
Breakdown of the Advantage Book Set:
Math I & II
Math I and Math II of the Advantage Volume Library comprehensively address every math topic and concept for all required and advanced math courses in 6th-12th grade. In addition to ready-reference charts explaining properties, formulas, theorems, proofs, and functions, thousands of example problems with step-by-step instructions help students practice the concepts behind every math problem. Math instruction has changed dramatically over the past decade, so Advantage Math includes examples of various different math instruction methods as well. Companion tutorial videos, quizzes, and worksheets for the content in these books is also available on the Advantage4Teens site.
- Topics include: Foundations of Math, Numbers and Operations, Measurement, Algebra, Geometry, Advanced Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics and Probability, and Calculus
The Science volume comprehensively addresses all required and advanced science courses in grades 6-12. Detailed articles with helpful charts, tables, and diagrams show and explain all standards-based science concepts.
- Topics include: Space Science, Earth Science, Ecology, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
Social Studies/Language Arts
The Social Studies/Language Arts volume addresses all required and college-bound topics for grades 6-12. Detailed articles, timelines, primary sources, and helpful charts and diagrams show and explain all standards-based social studies and language-arts concepts.
- Social Studies topics include: United States History, Canadian History, Government, Economics, World History, and Geography
- Language Arts topics include: Grammar, Writing and Research, Vocabulary, Reading, Speaking Skills, Literature and Shakespeare
The Honors Advantage volume is composed of sample passages, problems, and expert strategies to prepare students for scoring a 5 out of 5 on the AP exam in 10 different subjects. Instruction is provided by experts who have scored AP exam results for the College Board.
- Subjects include: English Literature and Composition, English Language and Composition US History, Calculus AB, US Government and Politics, Biology, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Psychology, and Statistics
Topic Source is a valuable report-writing resource for students in late elementary through high school. Topic Source gathers the most important information for writing assignments and summarizes them to make report writing easier. Also included for each topic is MLA citation of sources, required for today's nonfiction writing assignments.
- Includes 95 nonfiction topics that are covered in expert detail
- Provides proper citation for sources
- Offers additional related website sources for further information
See Sample Pages